Title: Master of Science (Yoga) abbreviated as MSc (Y)
Regulations Governing MSc (Y)
- To train persons as Yoga Therapy Instructors and paramedical personal in hospitals, nursing homes so as to introduce IAYT under the guidance of doctors.
- To equip the participants to run their own Yoga Centers.
- To train them to introduce yoga in Schools, Colleges and Universities
Duration of the Course
- There will be TWO intakes in each calendar year — January and July. Registration for the course can be done throughout the year, and your batch is decided based on the date of your registration.
- The minimum duration of the course will be TWO years and the maximum duration will be FOUR years
- The candidate should have completed any graduation (Bachelor's degree)
- The candidate shall have secured a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) of marks in graduation. Even if the candidate has post graduation, only graduation marks are considered.
- The candidate should have completed Yoga Instructor's Course from S-VYASA or VYASA.
- Please find the syllabus here
- Personal contact programs (PCPs), Arogyadhama posting (clinical training), and research work are mandatory part of the course.
- Five PCPs are to be attended during this whole course. PCP is generally conducted between 8th January to 8th February, and 8th July to 8th August. Every PCP is for 7 days (fifth PCP may be longer). Refer to the Table below.
||(1) First Semester Induction and classes
||(2) First Semester Assessment / Second Semester classes
||(3) Second Semester Assessment / Third Semester classes
||(4) Third Semester Assessment / Fourth Semester dissertation work
||(5) Fourth Semester Assessment (Dissertation)
8 to 16 January
17 to 23 July
24 to 31 January
1 to 8 August
As per discussion with your guide
8 to 16 July
17 to 23 January
24 to 31 July
1 to 8 February
As per discussion with your guide
- Please find a flowchart of the progress of the course for the present July intake here.
- It is mandatory to stay in the campus during PCP and exams.
- Arogyadhama posting is for 16 days and is preferred in the months of May and June, though it is available throughout the year. You are eligible for Arogyadhama Training immediately after the 1st PCP.
- Details regarding research work can be obtained after meeting research co-ordinator in person once 2nd PCP is completed.
- PCP, Arogyadhama training and Research are mandatory parts of course and no discussion will be entertained for exemption in any of these.
- No leave is permissible during Personal Contact Program and Arogyadhama training. If any candidate is found absent in any of the sessions, full PCP program will have to be repeated.
- Yoga Instructor's Course (YIC) is pre-requisite for M.Sc. course. Students must complete YIC before 1st PCP. However, if students already have some exposure to Yoga (through courses elsewhere) then they can apply for YIC (regular or distance mode) along with the M.Sc. course, and complete it before appearing for 1st semester exams (2nd PCP).
Fees Structure (effective from 1st May, 2017)
Refund and Cancellation
- Fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please pay only the "Registration fees" with your application. Please do not make any additional money transfer for fee payment into our account until we give you a confirmation of your registration. If you make the course fee payment without our confirmation, and if you are found ineligible, then your application will be cancelled, and refund will incur a deduction.
- In case the students do not finish the programme in the current batch (i.e. in two years time) registration will be carried forward to the subsequent batches on payment of additional tuition fees (charged per semester). If students do not finish the programme within the stipulated maximum duration of four years, their registrations will be considered cancelled.
How To Apply
Particulars to Submit:
- Application form duly filled in. Download the application form from here
- Passport size (2"x2") photos – 6; Stamp size photo - 2
- 10th Mark-sheet and certificate – one photocopy each
- 12th Mark-sheet and certificate – one photocopy each
- Bachelor degree certificate & Mark-sheets – one photocopy each
- Masters degree certificate (if any) - one photocopy
- Yoga Instructors Course (YIC) Certificate from S-VYASA/VYASA (if YIC is completed) - one photocopy
OR Certificate of yoga course attended elsewhere (one photocopy) and a copy of the receipt of fee payment for the YIC course (if the student is joining YIC along with M.Sc.)
- Aadhaar Card (Indian nationals) - one photocopy
- Passport and Visa (Non-Indians) - one photocopy each
- Caste Certificate - one photocopy (in case of SC/ST/OBC)
- Physical handicapped medical certificate (if applicable)
- Medical fitness certificate (download here)
- Demand Draft (ORIGINAL) for Registration fee (500 INR or 100 USD)
OR money transaction details if paid online
OR copy of the bank-receipt if paid directly to our account
- The name on your application form should be as you would want it printed on your degree certificate. If this is different (due to, say, a name change after marriage) from your name on your earlier certificates and documents that you are submitting to us, then you need to submit an affidavit for the same.
- Note to foreign students - if your certificates are in a language other than English, please send a translation of the same in English.
How to Submit:
Option 1: Send by post. All the photocopies should be attested by Notary/Gazetted Officers. In case certificates are self-attested, students are required to produce originals during the first PCP; but we discourage this as we want you to make best use of the time spent in the campus during the PCP by concentrating more on the classes rather than such activities.
Dr. Promila Choudhary
MSc (Yoga) Course Coordinator,
Directorate of Distance Education,
19, Eknath Bhavan
Option 2: Submit in person. Students from Bangalore (or any nearby area) are suggested this option. You may come to our University campus (not city office) on any Saturday in December (for January intake) or June (for July intake) and complete the formalities. Self-attested photocopies would suffice if you can present the originals to us for verification.
Option 3: Send scanned copies of originals by email. Only foreign students are allowed this option; others need not send scanned copies. Foreign students should submit hard copies of the application form and all the necessary documents during the first PCP. They should also present the originals for verification in case the photocopies are self-attested.
Application Last date
January intake: Applications should reach us by December 25
July intake: Applications should reach us by June 25
Please post the application a few days in advance so that it reaches us well in time.
Applications reaching us after the said dates till the 1st of January/July will attract a late fee (1000 INR or 100 USD) which has to be paid along with the course fee
No applications will be accepted after 1st of January/July. No spot admissions will be entertained on 7th or 8th. Any applications made after the 1st can only be considered for the next intake.
Payment Options (for both Registration fee and Course fee)
Due to new regulations cash payment is no more allowed
1st Preference (for students applying by post or in person): Demand Draft. It should be drawn in favour of DDE, S-VYASA payable at Bangalore. Please do not send cheque.
2nd Preference (for students from Bangalore applying in person): Payment through Debit Card/Credit Card at S-VYASA
3rd Preference: Online payment. You may pay online through a bank transfer as per the details below. Please send us the online transaction details through post/email.
A/c Name: Directorate of Distance Education, S-VYASA OR DDE, S-VYASA
A/c Number: 31842235275
Bank Name & Address: SBI, CA 4 / 1, APC Circle, Jigani Indl. Area, Jigani, Bangalore
SWIFT / IFSC Code: SBIN0011355 (used for RTGS and NEFT transactions)
Branch Code: 11355
Type of Account: Current
4th Preference: Direct transfer into our account by visiting the bank. Please send us a copy of the bank-receipt through post.
What Happens Next?
Your application will be either rejected or conditionally accepted or accepted.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, a rejection email will be sent to you within a week of us receiving the application. If you have made course fee payment, it will be refunded after a 25% deduction.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, but if your documentation is not complete, depending upon what document is missing, your application will be either rejected or conditionally accepted. In the latter case you will be requested to supply the missing documents within a week. Your registration can be confirmed only after those documents are submitted. If you fail to produce the documentation, application will be rejected.
If your application is complete, but only self-attested copies or scanned copies were submitted, then your application will be conditionally accepted. A confirmation email will be sent to you within a week of the application reaching us, and you will be allowed to go through the subsequent steps of registration (such as course fee payment). However, if you fail to produce the originals upon your arrival, your application will be rejected, and course fee will be refunded after a 25% deduction.
If your application is complete in all respects (notarized documents were sent by post, or originals were presented for verification in person), a confirmation email will be sent to you within a week of the application reaching us, and you will be directed to go through the subsequent steps of registration.
Course Fee Payment
Course fee payment should be made only after receiving confirmation email from us. We suggest that you pay the course fee in advance (through one of the payment options listed above) before arriving for the PCP. However you may also pay the fee upon your arrival here for the PCP; but please note that there may be a queue at the cash counter.
Further steps will be detailed out in the confirmation email.
Arrival time for first PCP
Those who have document verification (or submission of any missing document) or fee payment should arrive by 9 AM on the 8th of January/July.
Those who have completed all document formalities (through post or in person), and do not have to make fee payment, should arrive by 2 PM on the 8th of January/July.
Additional details will be supplied later.
If you have any queries please call Dr. Promila Choudhary - 8277238154 (Mon-Sat 11 AM-12:30 PM or 3 PM-4:30 PM).